We have an honest, flexible approach and we pride ourselves on a personal dedicated service
JAMM Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to assist in the administration of the Accounts Department for one of our clients. Reporting directly to the Financial Manager, the main duties of the Accounts Assistant will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Checking and reconciling all revenue takings and preparing the banking for paying into the bank
- Managing the petty cash book and transactions
- Processing sales ledger takings
- Processing purchase invoices and preparing payment runs for processing
- To prepare monthly statements for the credit control and chasing accounts
- To deal with account queries from customers and suppliers
Requirements/ Responsibilities for Accounts Assistant:
- Great communication skills
- Experience within an accounts department (ideally within Hospitality)
- 3 years Accounts payable experience
- Self-discipline and strong team player
- Good experience in Microsoft skills with excellent excel skills
- Basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in Xero and also Sage line 50 would be a distinct advantage.
Benefits for Accounts Assistant:
- Competitive salary
- Company’s benefits
- AAT Studier
The role objective is to provide commercial, finance and accounting support.
Responsibilities and Duties
Commercial Finance Support
- Produce routine project finance reports with particular emphasis on revenue and margin performance.
- Assist in the review and analysis of project finances to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve both revenue and profit.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of monthly sales invoices to ensure these are completed to a high level of accuracy.
- Build core reports (Operational Activity Spreadsheets) for new projects to ensure project finances can be tracked from the outset. Update these as required.
- Assist in the setting and review of project revenue and margin forecasts.
- Develop new and ad hoc reporting as appropriate including from SAGE data and the exploitation of SAS/Visual Analytics.
- From a finance perspective develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the Clinical Trial project portfolio in order to add value to decision making.
Statutory and Subsidiary Accounting
- Annual statutory accounts preparation for all group companies including overseas subsidiaries and non-trading entity.
- Support annual audit.
- Undertake monthly balance sheet FX revaluations.
- Produce all intercompany invoices.
- Maintain and develop dividend calculation process.
- P11D tracking and submissions.
- Minority shareholder rebate tracking.
- Support the development of corporation tax forecasting and reporting.
- Carry out quarterly tax returns including VAT
- Work closely with management accountant ensuring statutory and management accounts are materially consistent.
Finance Systems and Processes
- Play a full part in supporting the exploitation of existing systems and the upgrade to any new applications.
- Adopt a positive and proactive approach to continuous improvement cross all finance processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least part qualified or significant QBE.
- Ideally worked in a fast growth SME environment.
- Previous in depth experience of using SAGE (50/200) or a similar accounting package.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, V look ups and ability to develop and interpret insightful MI. SAS and Visual Analytics would be useful, but not essential.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified or significant QBE
Pension, Private Healthcare, Bonus Scheme
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 to £31,000.00 /year
A family run property development business based in St. John’s Wood is looking for a qualified accountant to join their team as their Financial Director, to assist with the strategic and financial planning of the company. The company is in its 8th year of trading, but the team has over 60 years of combined experience in asset acquisition.
The primary focus of the team is finding and acquiring land and property with value, and maximising profit, either through planning gain or reversionary value. Due to continued growth, and with more development and funding opportunities available to the team, they are keen to have a commercially minded Financial Director to guide them, to provide budgetary and forecasting information in relation to each new project, assist in presentations on occasion, as some projects require external investment from Banks, investment companies, or HNWIs.
Even though the company is highly successful, ambitious, and driven, the office environment has still retained its family feel, and is far from a corporate office.
Someone with a background in tax planning would be desirable, as the function is currently outsourced. All accounting functions will be overseen by the successful applicant, so a knowledge and understanding of accounting at every level is essential.
Budgeting and forecasting on all new asset acquisitions
Cover all areas of Finance, from Sales and Purchase Ledger, Management Accounts, VAT returns, Corporation Tax etc.
Development of financial systems, processes and controls
Annual Submissions to Companies House
Negotiating Joint Venture partnerships
Structuring SPV’s for new assets if required
Report writing and collating material for commercial presentations
Assisting with presentations if required
Management of key internal and external stakeholder relationships
Deal with any Ad-hoc issues that may arise
Essential skills and experience:
Demonstrates a “can do” approach which provides for proactive and solutions focused assistance to all members of the team
Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, often within tight deadlines.
Demonstrates initiative and ability to expand responsibilities and tasks
Strong client focus and a willingness to always go “the extra mile”
Excellent communication skills, able to speak and write with professionalism and confidence
Excellent attention to detail, ensuring work is high quality and accurately produced, within agreed expectations and deadlines
Responsible and willing to take personal ownership for the effective delivery of tasks
Professional and approachable at all times, able to work well with others and build positive working relationships with internal and external clients
Remains calm and focused when under pressure or during peaks in workload
Flexible with time and able to adjust priorities and working hours when required to meet deadlines
Adheres to company guidelines and maintains confidentiality at all times
Good level of technical ability in Microsoft office.
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
JAMM Recruitment are looking for a purchase ledger clerk to join an expanding Finance Department for one of our clients. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about numbers and looking for the next step in their career.
- To assist the Head of Finance with the entry of the Daily Sales onto the Daily Revenue spreadsheet.
- To reconcile the daily Cash and Card takings against the EPOS reports.
- Weekly Petty Cash reconciliation.
- Weekly Cash Banking.
- Assisting the Head of Finance in the preparation of the weekly flash reports.
- Assisting the Membership department in creating invoices.
- To be the main contact and control for all purchases throughout the Company.
- Maintaining and controlling the Back of House software.
- Validate documents to ensure they comply with statutory requirements.
- Ensure all documents are approved in accordance with the Company Policy.
- Accurately enter all transactions in the System timely and in accordance with Company timetable.
- Prepare payment proposal lists per Company schedule and in accordance with supplier payment terms.
- Investigate any anomalies with Direct Debit payments.
- Maintain the integrity of the purchase ledger to ensure there are no unallocated payments or anomalies.
- Reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis and request missing transactions as applicable.
- Assist suppliers with any queries and follow up missing documentation.
- Maintain up to date process guides and actively review and consider ways to improve processes and efficiencies within the department.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 /year